cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Lichtenberger <Johannes.Lichtenber...@uni-konstanz.de>
Subject Re: run jetty / error / custom webapp
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 23:00:45 GMT
On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 23:50 +0100, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Johannes Lichtenberger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have shared a project in a subversion repository, but when I checkout
> > the project on another place and try to start jetty (mvn jetty:run) I
> > get the following error:
> >
> > [INFO] Can't copy custom webapp files (directory:
> > '/home/johannes/workspace/mysite/rcl-config) to the web application in
> > preparation.
> >
> > The permissions are ok (755), so I'm really not sure what this means
> > (seems to have something to do with the rcl-config directory) :-/
>
> It's a file operation problem. The statement where the exception is
> thrown, uses the Apache Commons IO FileUtils:

> void org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(File srcDir, File
> destDir) throws IOException
>
> Copies a whole directory to a new location preserving the file dates.
>
> This method copies the specified directory and all its child directories
> and files to the specified destination. The destination is the new
> location and name of the directory.
>
> The destination directory is created if it does not exist. If the
> destination directory did exist, then this method merges the source with
> the destination, with the source taking precedence.
>
> Parameters:
> srcDir an existing directory to copy, must not be null
> destDir the new directory, must not be null
> Throws:
> NullPointerException - if source or destination is null
> IOException - if source or destination is invalid
> IOException - if an IO error occurs during copying
>
> Maybe this gives you an idea what could be wrong with your setup.

Damn it, I knew it could only be some issues with permissions, but
strange enough that svn --checkout and Subclipse "produced" some strange
permissions. I think I had forgotten the "-R" switch to change all
permissions or have done it only at the rc-config directory. Well, chmod
-R 755 mysite did the "trick". Thanks.

greetings,
Johannes