cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Lichtenberger <Johannes.Lichtenber...@uni-konstanz.de>
Subject log4j issues...
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:15:53 GMT
Hello,

I'm still trying to catch errors with my logger, now I've even tried the
following:

  static {
GoogleEarthGenerator.class.getResource("rcl-config/WEB-INF/log4j.xml");
  }

  /** Logger (commons-logging). */
  private Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(getClass().getName());

but I'm always receiving the following warning (which occurs because it
can't find log4j.xml..., somehow even not when copied to the mysite
project directory root).

Would be great if someone could help me, please. It seems some errors
are caught in cocoon.log and some aren't.

My general logging concept of errors is like the following, so I'm
getting a short message _and_ the stacktrace.

    } catch (SAXException e) {
      logger.warn("SAX exception: " + e.getMessage(), e);
    } catch (TreetankIOException e) {
      logger.warn("TreeTank IO exception: " + e.getMessage(), e);
    } catch (TreetankException e) {
      logger.warn("General Treetank exception: " + e.getMessage(), e);
    }

All I can see on STDOUT is about 100 lines like:

	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:178)
	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:178)
	at
org.treetank.cocoon.generating.GoogleEarthGenerator.skip(GoogleEarthGenerator.java:178)

but I have no clue on what's the kind of exception thrown and the
stacktrace and so on, all I know is the line (178, which is a recursive
call of the method "skip(...)").

regards,
Johannes