cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject change in behavior of Forms Aggregate field?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:48:16 GMT
Hi There,

My application uses the aggregatefield widget in Cocoon Forms.

Till Cocoon 2.1.8, I used to be able to add new fields at the END of the
aggregate and still see data in the older fields before the new fields.
This was very convenient for the end user.

With migration to 2.1.11, it appears that when new fields are added to
the aggregate, then the old data is no longer visible in the older fields?

Does this make sense?  Is there anyway I can turn on debugging on the
"split" of the aggregate to see what is happening?

I am not able to follow the documentation that implies that adding the
element failmessage as shown below (from the cocoon documentation)

  <fd:split pattern="...">
    <fd:map group="..." field="..."/>
    [... more fd:map elements ...]
    <fd:failmessage>...</fd:failmessage>
  </fd:split>

 will provide info. on why the split failed--I added the

    <fd:failmessage>...</fd:failmessage>

but I am not seeing the info.

thx.
Paul