cocoon-users mailing list archives

From koencl <koencleynh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Cocoon be a solution (or start) for me?
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 07:58:29 GMT

Thanks for all the answers.

Well beside the requirement of more flexible structure for setup the web
pages (building blocks) there are some other requirements:

important: content management system
also important: an issue way of re-use the existing JSP/Servlet calls (some
interview pages and afterwards calculation in Java classes, wich return a
result JSP)

So for me I was looking at 3 kind of solutions:

1) keep the current Java environment and built up our JSP's with Cocoon. For
Content Management System I was thinking about Jackrabbits.

2) I saw also that Hippo is using Cocoon/Jackrabbits (and I guess Jetspeed
for portal), so this was also some kind of solution to see for.
=> My question is: Is it easy to re-use the existing interview JSP pages
with there own Context/Session environment (Servlet calls)

beside Hippo I had also dotCMS, Liferay, and Lenya as possible Java
solutions.

3) just a CMS in another environment (PHP): drupal, Joomla. I was surprised
about the flexible way of working (on point of view of web administrator)
for Drupal. But th thing is, we have only Java skills under our developers
community, so I don't know if it is a good idea to switch. Also the
difficult point to rewrite the JSP interview pages in a php environment is
giving me a bad feeling (maybe not correct...)

=> So maybe you have some suggestions about my 3 kind of solutions. The main
idea of concern is, ok I selected already Cocoon/Jackrabbit/Jetspeed to
investigate. But then I saw that Hippo and Lenya are using this in bigger
solution. So maybe it is better to take one of them, and not starting from
the individual part of solutions...

Thanks for you idea's about this.