cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HELP needed with latest Cocoon 2.2 (JNET / SSF)
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:15:25 GMT
Gabriel Gruber wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> well, I don't have a replayable scenario yet (f.i. testcase), but it
> seems that the exception comes after heavy use of cocoon pages within
> our application.
> I suspect that cocoon:/ protocol usage AND/OR  inheritence of sitemap
> calling (we "extend" cocoon-forms block to override specific resources)
> might be the root of problem. But that is only a guess...
>
> We are using latest trunk versions of servlet-service-framework and jnet
> subprojects.  I know that Grek made some changes in cocoon servlet
> service framework in summer 2009, which went into the 1.2 release, which
> we are using (since then no changes have been comitted).
>
> The problems reported here (exact same problem we have)
>
> http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-253?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

I had a look at the JNet code and haven't found a cause for your
problems. The list of URLStreamHandlerFactory objects is stored in a
thread local.

I propose that you add extensive logging to
org.apache.cocoon.jnet.URLHandlerFactoryCollector,
org.apache.cocoon.jnet.DynamicURLStreamHandlerFactory and
org.apache.cocoon.jnet.URLStreamHandlerFactoryInstaller

Then create a special logging target for all org.apache.cocoon.jnet
messages and make sure that you also log the tread ids.

Then try to reproduce your problems and you should get a hint from the
logs what could be the cause of empty lists.

Maybe you can also provide a patch with the logging statements.