cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Søren Krum <soren.k...@uninett.no>
Subject Logging question cocoon 2.2 & tomcat 6
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:56:44 GMT
Hello!

i have a tomcat 6.0.20 and in it runs a application using cocoon. We did
an upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2, which hm, yes worked after a while ;-)

But there is something that confuses me: I find in the catalina.out
(tomcats logging configuration we did not touch at all) i find a nice
line (actually two...) for each resource recived from cocoon:

Here some line of example:

INFO: 'portal-login-service' Processed by Apache Cocoon in 712 milliseconds.
Mar 16, 2010 10:39:11 AM org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor service
INFO: 'xsl-portal-page-service' Processed by Apache Cocoon in 14
milliseconds.
Mar 16, 2010 10:39:11 AM org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor service
INFO: 'portal-login-service' Processed by Apache Cocoon in 16 milliseconds.
Mar 16, 2010 10:39:11 AM org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor service
INFO: '' Processed by Apache Cocoon in 1.699 seconds.
Mar 16, 2010 10:39:12 AM org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor service
INFO: 'res/images/favicon.ico' Processed by Apache Cocoon in 23
milliseconds.

I tried to change the log level in the tomcat conf/logging.properties by
specifying:

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor.level = WARNING

but it looks like that line is barely ignored. Is there another place
where cocoon sets logging levels? For hibernate and some other (even
cocoon) packages it works as expected to set up their log level.

Some hints? Or experiences to shift the whole logging from tomcat to
log4j? Does that help to get a more predictable logging?

--
Med vennlig hilsen

Søren D. Krum
Systemutvikler/system developer