cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Medioni" <lmedi...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon Source URLs and Unicode on WAMP Localhost
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:48:49 GMT
Hi,
Dunno where your parameters come from but have a look at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules-ref.html
You have to URLEncode (if not already done) your parameters when building a URL, so maybe
try <map:generate src="{global:solrhost}{url-encode: {1}}&amp;start=0{global:solrparams}"/>
?
So you will not rely on auto-magic translations from http servers, proxies, browsers, ...

From: Nathaniel Grove [mailto:ndg8f@virginia.edu]
Sent: lundi, 28. juin 2010 16:28
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Cocoon Source URLs and Unicode on WAMP Localhost

Hi,

I am using Cocoon 2.1.11 as a webapp in Tomcat on my windows 7 localhost WAMP server. The
Cocoon app, which displays a catalog of Tibetan texts, interfaces with another webapp, a Solr/Lucene
instance, for searching. When a search call comes into Cocoon, Cocoon calls SOLR to generate
an XML document that is then processed through Cocoon and displayed. The pipeline use is:

            <map:match pattern="search/*">
                <map:generate src="{global:solrhost}{1}&amp;start=0{global:solrparams}"/>
                <map:transform src="xsl/search-processing.xsl"/>
                <map:transform src="xsl/search-results.xsl">
                    <map:parameter name="new" value="yes"/>
                    <map:parameter name="start" value="0"/>
                </map:transform>
                <map:serialize type="html" />
            </map:match>

When I run this on our server it works fine, but when I run it locally on my localhost, Cocoon
responds with "java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400" when Unicode
Tibetan is passed in the parameter (*,{1}), but returns Server returned HTTP response code:
505 for URLwhen transliteration in Roman characters are used.. In looking at the log, the
problem with the Tibetan is that SOLR is only receiving questions marks "?????" so it appears
the Unicode is getting garbled by cocoon. In both cases, if I copy the URL from the Cocoon
error page and paste it into the browser, it brings up the XML results of the search from
SOLR.

The connection between Cocoon and Solr works on our Linux server, but doesn't work on my localhost,
which is a pain for development purposes. I have set the encoding to UTF-8 for both the HTML
and XML serializers in the sitemap document, but this has not helped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Than Grove

--
Nathaniel Grove
Research Associate & Technical Director

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.