cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Aggregated Transformer
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:19:31 GMT
With Cocoon 2.2  (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1291_1_1.html)
you can actually create a transformer service which could look something like:

If the snippet below would be your transformer service

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
  <map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="chainedTransformer-service">
        <map:generate src="service-consumer:"/>
        <map:transform type="myTransformer1"/>
        <map:transform type="myTransformer2"/>
        <map:transform type="myTransformer3"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
  </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

And this would be the block calling the service:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
  <map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="callingTransformationService">
        <map:generate src="demo/welcome.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="servletService">
          <map:parameter name="service"
           value="servlet:myBlock2:/chainedTransformer-service"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
  </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

Is that more or less what you are trying to accomplish?

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers