cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Rosman <step...@rosman.id.au>
Subject <map:reader> can't find files with spaces in their names
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:23:23 GMT
I'm using cocoon 2.2.

Background:
I'm trying to build a cocoon presentation layer on top of an
subversion repository. A user makes a request and the cocoon
application checks to see if a directory index needs to be added, adds
menus and navigation trails, handles mobile formatting etc but does a
ci:includexml to get the content of the page from the subversion
repository.

Problem:
Some of the files in the subversion repository have spaces in the file
names (and it's not feasible to have a repository without any URL
encoding required characters) which are decoded (by the matcher?) and
then passed off to the reader which makes a request of the source
resolver without re-encoding the spaces (I think).

I assume this is what is happening because I get a FileNotFound error
when using <ci:includexml> with the src set stuff from the request
generator but it works when I use xslt to replace the spaces with
%20s.  I can fix the problem when constructing pages using xslt but
not for images and other stuff that needs to be <map:read>.

Am I going to have to write my own reader that does URL encoding?

--
Stephen Rosman