cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Charles Yates <ceya...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: problem encoding using SendMailTransformer
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:02:02 GMT
  Hello, I think you need to set URIencoding in your tomcat connector:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attributes
> |URIEncoding|
>
> This specifies the character encoding used to decode the URI bytes, 
> after %xx decoding the URL. If not specified, ISO-8859-1 will be used.
>
had this problem myself recently . . .

-Charles
> Hi all
>
>    I have a problem using the code of:
> org.apache.cocoon.mail.transformation.SendMailTransformer, when I send an
> email, target user always receive the field body with strange characters, so
> seemd bad encoding, and is curious only the field body, the subject is ok.
>
> I work with encoding UTF-8, and I check Tomcat configuration is good:
>   * parameter: URIEncoding="UTF-8"
>   * SetCharacterEncoding = UTF-8
>   * container-encoding = utf-8
>   *  form-encoding = utf-8
>
> I check encoding os serializers on Cocoon, too:
> <map:serializer name="xml-utf8" mime-type="text/xml"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
>    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> </map:serializer>
> <map:serializer name="xhtml"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
>            <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>
>
> <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
>            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> </map:serializer>
>
> I only see that There is any problem on AbstractSAXTransformer to recovery
> data from textarea field on HTML, because is the diference between field
> subject and body.
>
> Thank you

Mime
View raw message