Hello, I think you need to set URIencoding in your tomcat connector:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attributes
URIEncoding

This specifies the character encoding used to decode the URI bytes, after %xx decoding the URL. If not specified, ISO-8859-1 will be used.

had this problem myself recently . . .

-Charles
Hi all

  I have a problem using the code of:
org.apache.cocoon.mail.transformation.SendMailTransformer, when I send an
email, target user always receive the field body with strange characters, so
seemd bad encoding, and is curious only the field body, the subject is ok.

I work with encoding UTF-8, and I check Tomcat configuration is good:
 * parameter: URIEncoding="UTF-8"
 * SetCharacterEncoding = UTF-8
 * container-encoding = utf-8
 *  form-encoding = utf-8

I check encoding os serializers on Cocoon, too:
<map:serializer name="xml-utf8" mime-type="text/xml"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
  <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer >
<map:serializer name="xhtml"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
          <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>
         
<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
          <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

I only see that There is any problem on AbstractSAXTransformer to recovery
data from textarea field on HTML, because is the diference between field
subject and body.

Thank you