cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject how-to execute pipeline as side-effect first [cocoon2.2]
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:56:19 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question related to following use case:

I convert the contents of a few xml files into a DITA map and topics. I already have a pipeline
which writes the map and topics to disc.  A colleague of mine customizes the DITA toolkit
stylesheets to our needs.

Now I want the user to be able to show a page with 2 buttons:

-preview XHTML
-preview PDF

To use the customized DITA toolkit i first need to export the files to disc and next call
the corresponding dita pipeline to generate the xhtml or pdf.

How can i accomplish in 1 go that first the files get written to disc and next the other pipeline
is executed on top of it?  I was already thinking of using an aggregator but I'm not sure
if the first part get's executed before the second part is called?!  Or can I accomplish the
side-effect of generating the files first with some other approach?

<map:match pattern="preview_pdf/*">
 <map:aggregate>
  <map:part src="cocoon://generateFiles/*"/>
  <map:part src="cocoon://dita_2_pdf_pipeline/*"/>
 </map:aggregate>
<map:match>

Thx for any hints.
Robby