cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Huib Verweij <hui...@mpi.nl>
Subject Calling servlet block from itself?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:04:02 GMT
Hi,

I would like to call a servlet from within a servlet, e.g.:

<map:transform type="servletService">
    <map:parameter name="service"  value="servlet:db:/workspace/getSortOrders.xml"/>
</map:transform>

from within the db-servlet itself. I realize this is somewhat like a recursive call and it
could lead to unpleasant behavior. I also realize I have setup my blocks incorrectly and probably
need to create more blocks, pushing the code I want to call to the basic 'bottom' block. But
it would help for now if this is possible :-).

The above statement fails, so I tried to add:

<servlet:connections>
        <entry key="db" value-ref="nl.mpi.lexus.db.service"/>
        <entry key="display" value-ref="nl.mpi.lexus.display.service"/>
</servlet:connections>

to the servlet context for db:

<servlet:context mount-path="/db" context-path="blockcontext:/db/"/>

but then things fail to startup properly.

So, it's not that I can't imagine why this is tricky, but on the other hand I can see this
might be useful. An alternative I see would be to use a <map:resource/> but unfortunately
the code I'm trying to call is in a different sitemap.xmap. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hartelijke groet,

Huib.

--
Drs. Huib Verweij
Senior software developer - The Language Archive