cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: sitemap
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:03:39 GMT
On 3/10/2011 6:20 PM, Gabriel Gruber wrote:

> > I also would like to hear about cocoon-3. In addition, will it offer
> the
> > same functionality as cocoon-2.2, or is it going to be completely
> > different again? I understand it will emphasize REST approaches, but
> > possibly at the expense of others things? What about an update of
> > cocoon-2.2 to support the more recent packages (like Spring 3, etc).
> >

> I would like to see a release of cocoon-2.2 also with more recent
> packages for instance
> - Spring 3
> - Dojo 1.x
> - EhCache 2.3.x
> - FOP 1.0

I did use Dojo 1.2 and also 1.3 with cocoon 2.2. I do not see the need
of any Dojo specific classes on the server side, in particular if you
only return JSON or XML to the client (the REST way). One can generate
Dojo specific HTML forms using a XSL stylesheet from cocoon 2.*
generated HTML forms. I've done this for all Dojo/cocoon-based
applications. This would simply represent an extra step in the pipeline.
I now use Dojo 1.5 (for a REST-like application).

But indeed a cocoon 2.3 version with all the support you mentioned would
be -extremely- useful.