cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: database access in Cocoon 3?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:03:13 GMT
Hi guys!!!
would you mind to fill an Issue on Cocoon bug tracker for this feature request?
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!!!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

2011/7/29 Frank <franco.pace@tpg.com.au>:
> Hello,
>
> I would agree on the need of an SQL transformer.
>
> We have a significant investment in 2.1 code using the SQL transformer. We don't intend
to look at cocoon 3.0 until production release (mainly because we are a small group and don't
have the time or resources to evaluate at this stage)
> But in order to upgrade our sitemap code to a version that does not have such a transformer
would be too costly. At worst we would have to develop our own transformer when the time comes.

> This would not be ideal as i am sure we don't have the same level of expertise in the
java/cocoon 3.0 framework as the Apache developers. So I would agree with Lars and request
that the team include an SQL transformer in the framework.

> Cheers,
> Frank
>
> On 29/07/2011, at 2:47 AM, Lars Huttar wrote:

results as XML for processing in Cocoon pipelines.

deprecated, so we started using SQL transformer instead.

see it among the samples.) Or is there something else that is recommended for grabbing data
from a database as input to a pipeline?

>>> Not as far as I know: anyway, nothing obstacles to add it in cocoon-optional
or - better - in a separate module.
>>> Nowadays there are many choices (JPA, iBatis, ...) not available at the time
of the SQL transformer...

>>> Regards.
>>>

>> Thanks for this reply.
>> Is there any way I can contribute toward SQL transformer (or a replacement) being
added to Cocoon 3?
>> I know basic Java development, but am not familiar with the various libraries and
frameworks involved (spring, maven, avalon, etc.).

>> Some kind of database input is central to the web apps we are developing (as it is
to most web apps, I suppose), so having this functionality early on will determine whether
going with C3 is feasible for us.