cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: Cocoon3, JSON, Spring
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:31:35 GMT
On 02/09/11 13:45, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 09:58 +0300, Andre Juffer wrote:
>> On 09/02/2011 02:46 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> Hi Andre,
>>>
>>> sorry for top posting but I am responding from my mobile device.
>>>
>>> Regarding 1) the org.apache.cocoon.serialization.TextSerializer migration into
c3 is ASAIK not yet done. However that should be pretty straight forward to implement.
>> Yes, I was already thinking that I could do this.
> Contributions are always welcome. ;)
>
> If you or somebody else will do the migration please open an issue in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3 and attach the diff. We
> will apply it ASAP.

OK, I do my best to get it done.

>>> Actually I did lately work with the RESTController of c3 since the JAX-RS integration
was not needed for my use cases. If you choose the c3 REST way you can use the TextResponse
[1]  to return your json objects to the client. In the same package you will as well find
a BinaryResponse [2] which you can use to return binary data like images from your rest services.
>> The TextResponse is a good alternative, and I will certainly look into
>> it. It is apparently not yet part of the current alpha Cocoon
>> 3.0.0-alpha-3 that I downloaded from the cocoon website.
> No you would need the HEAD or the latest beta snapshot.
>
>>> I just commited an example [3] of an asyncron processing with REST you may want
to look into. It is based on jquery on the client side but you will get the idea. If you look
at [4] you will see the basic background. The block provides a workig example when starting
with "mvn install jetty:run" and browse to localhost:8888/,
>> Great!
> Actually I am still thinking on implementing comet
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming) Actually long polling
> should not to be too complicate to be implemented with our REST
> framework (hopefully I will find some play time for implementing
> that). ;)
>
> However html5 will open some new approaches to the comet technique where
> Server-sent events and websockets come into play, but I think there we
> need to make some changes to our controller.
>
> Somebody had worked with streaming message in cocoon yet?
>
>>> Regarding the bean lookup, why not using autowiring in your components (more
when you use the REST part)? See [5].

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi