cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: cocoon 3: Javascript in jars
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:51:32 GMT
Hi Javier,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, your suggestion probably would work, but seems more cumbersome.
Response returned from another block must be XML, right? That is, the
requested javascript has to be inserted into XML with at least one
containing element before it is send to the requesting block.
Subsequently, the requesting block would need to create a
text/javascript response that is send to the client. The latter can be
accomplish with a TextSerializer. More importantly, every cocoon-based
web application must have a block specifically for this particular
purpose, which would mean more overhead for maintaining the software.
Finally, the block serving the javascript would need to access
javascript as well, which have to be stored in a directory, as indicated
in my original email. I would like to avoid all of this, and simply read
javascript from a jar (maintained centrally as a maven project).

Could the developers possibly confirm that there is in fact no resource
protocol in cocoon 3. And if so, would there be any chance for having
this feature available in next release of cocoon 3. At least to me, this
would be extremely useful.

Thanks,
André