cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scaling problem
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:48:22 GMT
Thanks...will try these settings as they are better than what I have now!

On 10/21/2011 9:31 AM, Nathaniel, Alfred wrote:
> Java GC tuning is something of a black art.
> The default settings are not suitable for a large servlet container, and they also depend
on the Java version.

> I don't have experience with Java7 but with jdk1.6.0_24 (SPARC Solaris) we are using:
>
> -server -d64 -XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=10M -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=100M -Xms6000m
-Xmx6000m -XX:PermSize=300m -XX:MaxPermSize=300m -Xloggc:/home/online/tomcat_cocoon0a_1/logs/gc.log
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=5
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5000

> Look at the gc.log output and GC generation sizes to find out whether you have a memory
leak, too little memory, or are wasting memory.