cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjos...@gmail.com>
Subject thought I had fixe it
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:15:58 GMT
Hi there,

I thought I had fixed this memory issue but...

I am using Tomcat 6 in a Windows 32 bit environment (Windows 2003)  with
Cocoon 2.1.11 and Java 1.6, agains Postgresql 8.4 with the latest
Postgres 9.1, JDBC 4 driver.

The behavior is this:

The user fires of a LARGE query that returns 25,000 large objects.

The user repeats this 20 times within 5 minutes to show me he can freeze
the app.

On the 20th time, it says out of memory (heap space).

The JVM indicates that it is maxed to the limit specified in Xms and
that there is only about 2MB of memory free.

I then ask her to log off.

The session time out is set to 20 minutes.

But even after an hour, the memory is not reclaimed by the JVM--it still
reports that only about 2MB is still free.

Is the fact that it is not reclaiming memory an indication of a memory leak?

I am using the following settings in my repository.database:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
jcd-alias="WebApp"
default-connection="true"
platform="PostgreSQL"
jdbc-level="4.0"
driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
protocol="jdbc"
subprotocol="postgresql"
dbalias="//localhost:5432/WebApp"
username="******"
password="******"
eager-release="false"
batch-mode="false">

<connection-pool maxActive="200" validationQuery="" />
<sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl"
/>
</jdbc-connection-descriptor>

Thanks much!
Paul