cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <andre.juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: Cocoon Forms [absolute beginner]
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:53:10 GMT
On 11/28/2011 10:29 AM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
> I agree. Although flowscript's continuations can be useful they do tend to claim lots
of resources and as a cocoon beginner it might make more sense to jump onto the C3 wagon from
the start. I think it offers a easier learning path although from (advanced -->  writing
custom components) documentation point of view there is still some progress to be made.  Cocoon's
proposition is not so much about building advanced forms rather than being a state-of-the-art
framework for XML processing. And with C3 you can easily integrate C3 into any Java framework
you already are familiar with.

A combination you may want to have a look at is using Dojo toolkit (
http://dojotoolkit.org/ ) on the client and cocoon's REST implementation
on the server. From a performance point of view this is very efficient.
Dojo does not require any knowledge of XML. It favors JSON
(www.joson.org) instead.

StrucBioCat                  | WWW: www.strucbiocat.oulu.fi