cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel, Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@six-group.com>
Subject RE: XML-> PDF bad encoding
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 12:24:34 GMT
Does that apply to all non-ASCII characters, or only to those you mention (which are not part
of Latin-1)?
Did you check that the font description to give to FOP have glyphs for these specific codes?

HTH, Alfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: FunkyDisco [mailto:funky_disco_freak@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011 13:02
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: XML-> PDF bad encoding

Appologize in front if this is somewhere explained, but as I'm not guru in
Cocoon, after 5 days of google search and testing all possible combinations,
haven't found a solution. So here is brief problem description

When I test file generation from WEB URL, (source->output), :
XML->XML correct (simple copy test to see if it read OK and write OK)
XML->RTF correct
XML-PDF problem (national characters has "#")

I have read "http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters",
chapter 6.2 which shows exactly what I have but when I implement a feature
some national character (ĐđČčĆć in unicode notation) remain as "#" signs).

Is this really a bug or there is a solution, so please once more apologize
for some dumb entries in this issue, but pretty lost in this case.
Regards,
Funky