cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forms and maps
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:54:40 GMT
On 04/18/2012 11:24 AM, mika@digikartta.net wrote:

> Absolutely. But trying to stay on the edge of the trends won't fit for
> us all.
> And continous rewriting of apps doesn't make any sense. Why on earth
> we can't create something that would last at least a decade?

jeje, I actually know about some of my old c2.0.x apps that are still in
production and have not failed once in over 10 years.

> Half of us would be out of jobs?

jeje actually that is point of view. I know of colleagues that maintain
some buggy developments and earn a good living. The prob in general in
cocoon where that if you do it right the first time you have no
maintenance. So e.g. upgrading and rewriting some apps brings us work.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler<scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/