cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <m...@digikartta.net>
Subject Re: Forms and maps
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 05:58:24 GMT

 Ciao Alberto,
 you'll probably right.

 What comes to Cocoon lifecycle, I don't get it. Has C3 anything in
 common with C2 except the concept of pipelines? Can you do the same
 things with it?
 When C2.2 was published, I fell off the wagon because of techical
 differences. C3 knocked me out for good. If you think of the user coming
 from C2.1 environment who has get used to utilize flowscript, templates,
 cforms, xsp etc and think of him/her trying to get accustomed in C3, I
 think the least one can say is that he/she will be totally in a faint.

 I don't either get the eagerness for dumbing all the "good old"
 techiques and frameworks. Of course the general abandonment will halt
 the development but if you think something like C2.1 and C2.2, I guess
 they will be useful for years to go, if you are willing and capable of
 updating some parts by your own.

 cheers,
 - mika -

 P.S. There are still several actors using C2.0..

 On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 22:49:37 +0200, Alberto <abrosich@ogs.trieste.it>
 wrote:
> On 04/13/2012 07:18 PM, Mika M Lehtonen wrote:
>> Interesting,
>> I am also integrating maps into sites produced with Cocoon 2.1x. I
>> have no answer to you but maybe we could collaborate on this issue?
>> OpenLayers widget would be something!
>
> Just some considerations.
> I like very much cocoon, its philosophy, and the way to produce
> application with it and especially with forms. But we must remain
> realistic: in the last years the pace of the develop of cocoon is
> slow
> and the next release will be something different. For example, the
> integration with Wicket seems to be the sign that forms will not be
> more
> developed.
> Due to the fact that I don't know how to develop a new widget for
> cocoon, I was waiting for some clue or suggest to evaluate the effort
> needed.
> Unfortunately I have not received any answer so I'm considering to
> invest my time in another framework (Wicket) that can solve this kind
> problem and has a future more outlined.
>
> Ciao
>
> Alberto
>

>> cheers,
>> mika
>>

>> 13.4.2012 20:03, Alberto kirjoitti:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using cocoon 2.1.12-dev and I'm facing how to include a map in
>>> cocoon forms.
>>> I have to do simple things from flowscript: load a kml url and
>>> receive
>>> the coordinates of an area selection.
>>> I'm considering to use OpenLayers or Google Maps. Looking sources I
>>> found already existing widget classes for GoogleMaps
>>> (org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.GoogleMap) but it is
>>> undocumented and
>>> using it I have the following error: "Non-existing component for
>>> this
>>> hint (Key='googlemap')". Moreover it seems it lacks methods to load