I have followed the servlet-service config you mentioned but still no luck. I attach my war file here.
Deployed to Tomcat 7 from web app module + c3 libs added to WEB-INF/lib and it does NOT work.

Can you point where the error is ?

Accessing: http://localhost:8080/mywebapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/test.xml
gives me XML error :(

Greetings,