Javier,

On 6/1/16 3:19 PM, Javier Puerto wrote:
> I more used to version 2.2 but it should be the same. By you
> description I think about creating a new pipeline with a matcher to
> handle the external request with a specific error handler[1] that
> contains a reader with an empty file.
>
> It should be something like:
>
> <map:pipeline type="caching">
>
> <map:match pattern="remote-handler/**"> <map:reader
> src="http://remote-server/{1}"/> </map:match>
>
> <map:handle-errors> <map:reader src="empty.xml"/>
> </map:handle-errors>
>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> Then you could substitute all your calls to external resources
> that needs to produce an empty XML in case of error to call to the
> new matcher. This way you can tune up the external pipeline for
> caching if it's needed.
>
> I hope it helps.

Thanks.

How can I reference a matcher from a different pipeline? Do I need to
address it any differently than I would if the matcher were in the
same pipeline?

An example is better: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonProtocolExample

Speaking of caching, I'd prefer for the "remote-handler" matcher to
re-try pretty regularly. Do matchers cache at all under normal
circumstances? I've never bothered attempting to configure any caching
in Cocoon before.

You should configure the pipeline as "noncaching". There are more details at:
https://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

Salu2.

Thanks,
- -chris