cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@iupui.edu>
Subject Re: How to configure TraxProcessor in 2.2?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:02:18 GMT
On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 04:13:08PM +0100, Javier Puerto wrote:
> I recommend you to use the Spring configuration. I never had this
> requirement before but by the error message and the configuration fragment
> that you have sent the NPE is caused because you are not passing an
> instance of "org.dspace.saxon.ConfigurableTransformerFactory", you are
> passing a String instead.
>
> <property name='transformerFactory'
>                 value='org.dspace.saxon.ConfigurableTransformerFactory'/>
>
> IIRC you should change it to:
> <property name='transformerFactory'>
>   <bean class="org.dspace.saxon.ConfigurableTransformerFactory"/>
> </property>
>
> The attribute "value" is for literal values. You can also define the bean
> with an ID and then use the attribute "ref" with the ID of the bean.
> I hope that helps.

It would have made more sense for this to take a bean reference, but
the Javadoc for TraxProcessor says that setTransformerFactory() takes
a String argument.  That seems to be correct:  when I change it to a
reference, I get:

09-Dec-2019 15:12:39.128 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-24] org.apache.catalina.cor
e.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending context initialized event to l
istener instance of class [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
]
bean with name 'org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/saxon' defined in Se
rvletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml]: Initialization o
f bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSuppor
tedException: Failed to convert property value of type 'org.dspace.saxon.Configu
rableTransformerFactory' to required type 'java.lang.String' for property 'trans
formerFactory'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot conv
ert value of type [org.dspace.saxon.ConfigurableTransformerFactory] to required
type [java.lang.String] for property 'transformerFactory': no matching editors o
r conversion strategy found

When I change it back to the literal name of the class, the
webapp. starts normally.  But it still errors out when it tries to run
the XSLT transformer.

It begins to look as though one can't really wire up TraxProcessor
using Spring.  (By this I mean:  using Spring's normal <bean>
<property> etc.)  I'm guessing that it blows up because nothing has
called #parameterize(Parameters), because #parameterize() knows how
the properties must be set up and makes sure they are all sensible,
and thus something was left unset.

I tried adding

  log4j.logger.org.apache.excalibur = DEBUG
  log4j.logger.org.apache.avalon = DEBUG

to our logging config. but it made no useful difference in the
output.  I cannot see what paths are actually being consulted for
Cocoon component configuration, but it seems that none of the places
I've put my .xconf is one of them.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst