commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Update to Commons package approval guideline
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:36:46 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> +0
>
> i'd prefer requiring 3/4 of the votes cast to override a veto but i'm not
> willing to veto the proposal since i think that it'll be an improvement on
> the current situation.
>
> i'd like to think that we'll be able to reach consensus most times. i'd
> also prefer some sort of extended time limit to receive votes on a project
> submission so that we can at least try to resolve issues (which is what a
> committer veto represents) before the project goes into the commons.
>
> - robert

My feeling is that we should try and create as few new wheels as
possible.

The language in Martin's proposal is straight from the Jakarta
guidelines for approving a release.

So, I'd say if this type of vote is good enough for release code from a
subproject, it should be good enough to accept code into the Commons.

-Ted.