commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] ARMI as Commons package +1
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:02:17 GMT
On 1/9/02 11:36 AM, "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I believe that its possible that not enough of us understand the
> background of the ARMI codebase.
>
> There's a lot going on, and it can be helpful to spoonfeed us old,
> feeble, and bandwith-challenged folk =:0)
>
> Given the other tidbits that have come up in this thread, I would now
> toss my binding
>
> +1

Ted - I have come to understand you as a stickler for rules and order (among
other positive qualities :)

A related thread is discussing the fact that the proposal doesn't even
satisfy the rules that you took the time to record for us and post...

> It's important to understand that the sandbox is open to any Jakarta
> committer, and it's helpful to make an actual proposal, as detailed in
> the Commons charter, so that we know what's what.

It's not 'helpful'.  Isn't 'required' the word you are looking for?

> If the component is also going to be useful to the Avalon codebase, then
> I would say it has a high potential of being supported in the longterm,
> and would be a welcome addition.

Yes - that I agree with.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net