commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL](Logging) correcting unconventional variable names in SimpleLog
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:41:42 GMT
(i've put this in a separate email to make it easier for people who aren't
interested to ignore the flames...)

as jon pointed out, i didn't correct the unconventional variable names in
SimpleLog when i committed those changes. i've been thinking about this
and i think now that they should be corrected and i'm willing to do the
work.

obviously this is a starting +1.

i'm not bothered what our coding conventions are - it's just that they
should be documented. at the moment we've inherited the jakarta general
coding conventions but these are pretty much ignored. if people want
different conventions for jakarta-commons they should draw up a proposal
and put it to the vote.

i'd be very happy for each sub project to have it's own coding conventions
- provided that there are documented. without documentation i'd say that
any code formatting that isn't compliant with the  general jakarta
guildlines should be fair-game for anyone who's bother enough to correct
it.

- robert