commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [logging] Need interface... VOTE
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:46:07 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Michael A. Smith wrote:

> this seems contradictory to me.  On one hand you say "no need for another
> package" and on the other "create a package.... would be useful".

No need for another package with Log interface and pull.
Usefull for another package ( if he can't convince those who voted -1 to
switch ) with the push interface and maybe management interfaces.

Costin

> This seems contradictory again.  "put LogUser in a separate pacakge" and
> "+1 on putting LogUser in o.a.c.l".  Am I missing something?

He has my +1 for o.a.c.l, but I've seen few -1s around. If he can't
get those changed, a separate package for LogUser is the only solution.

> Oh, and "we are all saying - put LogUser in a separate package"?  I'm not.
> If it goes in, I think it should go in the o.a.c.l package.

I agree - if the -1 are changed.

If not - a separate package ( i.e. in sandbox - if he can't get it
accepted in o.a.c.l ) is the only solution ( and nobody can stop that ).

Costin