commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [Collections][SUBMIT] TypedList
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:02:52 GMT

public interface CollectionFilter {

    public Object beforeAdd(Object obj, Collection coll);

    public Object beforeRemove(Object obj, Collection coll);
    public Object afterRemove(Object obj, Collection coll);

}

And same (ish) for Map? And then List/Set extend Collection filter and add
events?

When something is added to the collection, it checks with beforeAdd,
passing the object and the collection. In TypedFilter it is set to only
allow Strings. It finds out the object isn't a String and returns null?

But does that mean return or insert null. Can we have an interface that
means both Predicate and Transform?? Or should they be separate.

Hen