commons-dev mailing list archives

From ringo.des...@mediagenix.com
Subject [lang][patch] Unified the use of the suite methods.
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:31:28 GMT
Hello,

The patch in attachment changes the implementation of every suite method to
have a common structure:

1) updated the return type to junit.framework.Test instead of
junit.framework.TestSuite. Although pure TestSuite objects are returned at
the moment, I could return a decorated TestSuite (see TestDecorator).

2) created a TestSuite passing the test class as an argument. The TestSuite
will collect all the test methods of the class. No need for enumerating
declared methods or adding every test method manually yourself.

3) Every TestSuite has a name. When running a graphical test runner (Swing,
AWT, or in Eclipse (my case)), these names are used when displaying the test
hierarchy.

Cheers,

Ringo