commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [vfs] initial checkin available
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:17:13 GMT
OK I've checked into jakarta-commons-sandbox a new 'vfs' project which is
based on Adam Murdoch's current code base in jakarta-ant-myrmidon
repository, in aut/src/java/org/apache/aut/vfs/.

We should be able to reuse this component across Ant, Anteater, Jelly,
Latka, Maven etc.

There's a Maven build ready for use along with some extremely brief
documentation. Right now we need to get the dependencies sorted out as it
doesn't currently compile. There is a dependency on some excalibur and
avalon code. Plus there's currently a dependency on ORO's FTP client. Maybe
we should port this over to use the 'net' component in the sandbox (Apache's
distro of this code).

By all means dive in and help!

James