commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [validator] any 1.0 release plan?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:36:20 GMT

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Joe Germuska wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:15:47 -0500
> From: Joe Germuska <Joe@Germuska.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [validator] any 1.0 release plan?
>
> At 7:43 PM +0100 2002/07/10, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> >is there anybody out there...?
>
> Actually, this is a good question... Struts, at least, is going to
> want to see a commons-validator release before 1.1 goes final.  I
> know there will be at least one more beta for struts before that, but
> the next beta cycle will probably be much shorter than the 1.1b1.

The next Struts beta is imminent.  There will certainly be at least a
beta/release candidate after that.

> Are there any written requirements for a 1.0 release of Validator?
> There's only one open bug, unless it turns out that any of the Struts
> bugs classed under the Validator component belong more fairly with
> commons-validator than in the Struts adapter layer.

I think David's on vacation at the moment; I will try to do some fill-in
on the from the Struts perspective, including possibly reclassifying any
bugs that are actually in the generic part.

> Are there any other known projects which depend on Validator?
>
> Joe

Craig