commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester][beanutils] release plan...?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:49:55 GMT

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:21:59 +0100
> From: robert burrell donkin <robertdonkin@mac.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [digester][beanutils] release plan...?
>
> i'd like to push towards releases of digester and beanutils.
>
> there's been some functionality added but a lot of bug fixes made to
> digester since the last release (april). i think it's time that we had
> another.
>
> digester relies on new functionality and bug fixes in beanutils and so a
> release of beanutils is  also required. equally importantly, i think that
> a beanutils release is need before we can consider the issue of reflection.
>
> what work needs to be done before we can think about releasing...?

Last time I checked (a couple of days ago), there weren't any outstanding
bug reports against either.  And, as far as I know, I've done  all the
changes to beanutils and digester that I think I need for Struts 1.1-b2,
so I'm +1 on a release in the near term.

The only real work remaining is to comb through the commit messages and
create the release notes.

> - robert

Craig