commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [validator] any 1.0 release plan?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:49:44 GMT
On Wednesday, July 10, 2002, at 08:36 PM, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Joe Germuska wrote:

<snip>

>> Are there any written requirements for a 1.0 release of Validator?
>> There's only one open bug, unless it turns out that any of the Struts
>> bugs classed under the Validator component belong more fairly with
>> commons-validator than in the Struts adapter layer.
>>

> I think David's on vacation at the moment; I will try to do some fill-in
> on the from the Struts perspective, including possibly reclassifying any
> bugs that are actually in the generic part.

hi craig

validator is still listed as having only one committer (David). this is at
variance with the commons charter. more importantly, providing effective
support is a lot of work for a single person.

i was wondering whether we could find another couple of (existing)
committers - perhaps from struts - who'd be willing to lend a hand.

- robert