commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Sanders" <ssand...@nextance.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Lang beta release
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:16:41 GMT
+1.  Turbine is already using it, we need to release something for them.

Scott

http://docs.flamefew.net/jc/components.html

There have been some very minor modifications to the code to accomodate
Avalon, but generally it is much of the same code as was migrated from
the sandbox.

The rules don't mention if a beta release has to be voted on, so I'm
taking this the formal stuffy way just to be sure.

Scott Sanders, Stephen Colebourne and Ringo de Smet have all been
positive on a previous thread concerning a beta release. Ringo had a
point concerning understanding where we were with regards to submissions
to Lang, I believe we've now reached that point. [A separate thread].

The conclusion being that Reflection and Enum code will not go in the
beta but will hopefully be released in a full release as soon as they're
ready.

Apologies if this is unnecessary for a beta. I'm +1 and am happy to work
as the release manager on it.

Thanks,

Hen