commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [lang][beanutils] Reflection in Lang
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:01:09 GMT
hi stephen

in terms of principles...

i think that lang is a better place for the reflection code than beanutils
and i would support migration.

in terms of mechanics...

before this can happen, i think that new digester and beanutils releases
are required.

i had hoped to be in a position to have the required bugs fixed by now but
i got sidetracked into creating a betwixt SAX writer for use in maven. i
have some time this week and hopefully i'll be able to get that work done
soon.

my plan would be:

1. have the bugs fixed
2. then create a new beanutils release
3. then deprecated the classes and discontinue active development in
beanutils
4. continue active development in lang

i've been following the discussions about lang and if this time scale
seems a little long to you, then a beta release without reflection might
be the way to go.

- robert