commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [httpclient] 2.0 release plan
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:43:46 GMT
jsdever wrote on 07/11/2002 12:15:51 PM:

> I'm pretty new to httpclient, but it's great to see so much activity on
> it, after what looks like a tonne of great development and then a bit of
> a dry spell.
>
> The current release is 2.0Alpha1 from October 8th.  The
> RELEASE_PLAN_2_0.txt only outlines untill last September.  It would be
> nice to have some milestones in place to organize towards a release for
> this summer.
I think we need to do an alpha 2 asap. What do you/others think?

> Rodney Waldhoff is listed as the release manager.  dIon Gillard as been
> instrumental lately in getting everyone's patches in and moving forward.
I'm just trying to make life easier for me too :)

> But it seems that what we really need is plan to release to 2.0, alpha,
> beta, ship.  Now seems to be a good time to harness all the development
> energy.
>
> I'm too new OSS to offer much in this capacity, but I would be willing
> to provide support for release content and bug tracking.  Rodney, are
> you able to come back as release manager?  dIon, are you willing to take
> on this role?  How do we get to a release?
I'm willing to drive it, but don't have much of an idea of what it entails
(best of both worlds).

As to how to get a release, I'll see if I can find out.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au