commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [lang] JDK 1.0/1.1
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:20:22 GMT
Yeah, I'm -1 Scott's complaint. While it's true that the reflection code
in 1.3 might give us more, where do we draw the line? JDK 1.4 gives us
nested-exceptions, so why not either be 1.4 with the nested exceptions in
Commons.Lang merely being an enhancement of the java.lang ones, or just
dump the exceptions sub-package.

Let's leave the decision on this one until we look into integrating the
reflection code to see how much of a pain it would be and what needs to
happen. In the mean time I'm going to remove the only 1.2 dependent method
signature from the code [Strings.join(Iterator,String)] but not change
anything else.

Hen