commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Commons.Lang promotable?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:10:22 GMT

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Martin Poeschl wrote:

> i'm currently working on a turbine 2.2 release. turbine and torque use
> commons-lang (i think some of the code came from turbine)

Yep.

> everytime i upgrade the lang package it breaks evarthing!! :-(((

Yep.

> could you please start to deprecate stuff instead of just removing it!

Nope.

> is the current api stable now??

Nope.

> ther is no release which i could use for the turbine release, but i
> need some kind of a stable version ... (StringUtils -> Strings ->
> StringUtils .. i think we can leave the names now as they are ;-)

Yep.

Okay I'm playing with you :) I've been thinking that when we goto Commons
proper [I believe it should be this week], that we should release a
beta as mentioned on the http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/versioning.html
page.

It would be a stable initial release which should not have any/many
external interface changes, but will have new classes added before
release.

The biggest issue that could hit you are the removal of Constant and the
temporary removal of Classes/ClassUtils.

Sorry for the problems caused,

Hen