commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release for BeanUtils 1.4, Digester 1.3 and Logging 1.0.1
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:58:40 GMT
Thanks to all who volunteered for this release. Is there any chance
you can also include dbcp in this ?

I'm going to veto ( or request for an explicit vote ) for the dbcp
dependency on lang. Lang is still changing and I don't think it is ready
for 1.0 - and I don't think saving on .equals() and wrapping serialize
justify adding that dependency.

DBCP seems stable and works fine.

The alternative is to stop using DBCP in tomcat - we can't release tomcat
until all components that are used are stable and released.

Costin