commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Heimann <m...@stefanheimann.net>
Subject Re: Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:16:42 GMT
On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 06:52:46PM +0200, Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Heimann wrote:
> [...]
> >The idea is great. What I don't like is that the matcher has to deal
> >with collection the information. I think its better to separate the
> >collection of information and the matching algorithm. What about
> >
> >public interface Matcher {
> >
> >  // ..
> >
> >  /**
> >   * Returns the content handler that is used to collect
> >   * the information which is needed for matching.
> >   */
> >  public ContentHandler getInformationCollector();
> >}
> >

> That makes a lot of sense, although I'd just call the method
> Matcher.getContentHandler().

ok.

I don't know how much you have written, but with that content handler
it should be possible the integrate the changes I've made in RulesBase
and ExtendedBaseRules (to support pattern with namespaces)
quickly. We could write two new classes that have the same matching
semantic than RulesBase and ExtendedBaseRules, but with namespace
support.

Most of the time I spent on the patch was on rewritting the
match methods, because when you are dealing with qualified names, its
not possible to implement it with only with string matching.

Bye,
  Stefan

--
Stefan Heimann       | http://www.stefanheimann.net