commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Heimann <m...@stefanheimann.net>
Subject Re: Re: Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:18:16 GMT
On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:40:30AM +0200, Stefan Heimann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 09:46:56PM +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 08:30 PM, Christopher Lenz wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> [...]
> > i'm pretty happy with the way that this is heading but maybe it'd be
> > easier for more people to review these changes and suggest improvements if
> > we had them in cvs. maybe a branch is the right way to go forward. (we can
> > merge back once everyone's happy with the changes.)
> >
> > comments?
>
> yes, I think a branch would be good.
>
> One thing I noticed when looking at the patch:
>
> Christoph introduced the namespaceURI instance variable to the
> digester. The get/set methods for the namespaceURI work now directly
> with this variable instead of delegating the call to a Rules
> implementation.

[some nonsense snipped]

ok, I had a clearer look at the 'problem'. I think it's ok the way it
is, because the contract of Rules#setNamespaceURI says, that if the
uri is not null, the rule will only be executed if the namespace-uri
of the element matched is the same as the uri specified with the
setNamespaceURI method. Because the namespace-uri must be checked for
every rule, it's ok to do this in the digester.

Bye,
  Stefan

--
Stefan Heimann       | http://www.stefanheimann.net