commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:07:37 GMT
Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
>> BTW, Jean-Francois, you've added the XML Schema support, right? Is
>> there any reason why Digester.JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE is neither static
>> nor final?
>
> Yes, the goal was to be able to use the parser with another schema
> language (ex:
> http://www.ascc.net/xml/resource/schematron/schematron.html) or a
> user-defined schema language. BTW, the way I name the variable is
> misleading since uppercase is usually used for final/static variable...

Okay, but there's:

   protected String schemaLanguage = W3C_XML_SCHEMA;

as well as the aforementioned:

   protected String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
         "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";

AFAICT, the *first* is the variable that should be changed when the user
wants to use another schema language. The second is just the name of the
property in JAXP, and I think that should be "private static final"
instead of protected. Or would a user have a reason to use a different
name for the JAXP property?

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de