commons-dev mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject [jCVS] [COMMONS] Getting Started -
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:20:55 GMT
I am new to the open source world and just getting started with cvs.  I
downloaded jCVS and am ready to rock 'n roll.  I tested with the following
values, and everything worked fine:

username = anoncvs
password = anoncvs
cvs server = cvs.apache.org
cvs repository = /home/cvspublic

However, when I want to use checkout on the jCVS, I don't know what to do
about the following variables:

cvs module
checkout directory

I get the following message "cvs [server aborted]: must specify one module
or directory  ** The command complete with an error status."

I tried:

cvs module = apache-commons
checkout directory = c:\cvs_apache_commons

That does not work.

I also am using

arguments = -d

Can someone give me what I am missing.  Those seem to be reasonable values
to me, and I have not found anything available to read on this.  Thanks.

Micael