commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Spencer, Dave" <d...@lumos.com>
Subject [collections] possible contribution, PersistentMap
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:58:01 GMT
I may have something that can be contributed to commons.
I just mentioned this on the lucene list and I was referred here
as another place that could use it.

I have written a class that implements Map and uses jdbm, the disk-based
BTree
(http://jdbm.sf.net) to persistently store its (Serialized) data.

It's called PersistentMap so you
can program to it in a convenient form and possibly just drop it in
as a replacement for any existing Map's (HashMap, TreeMap). Only the
ctr is really different (you specify a file name to store to).
It's not hard to do a presistent Set or List either.
Code is here:
http://www.tropo.com/techno/java/jdbm/

The main alternative to jdbm is JISP, which I haven't used:
http://www.coyotegulch.com/algorithm/jisp/

Appologies if I missed that commons already has such a thing
or if this is the wrong list etc.

- Dave