commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:09:45 GMT
On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 04:51 PM, Christopher Lenz wrote:

> After some more fiddling I think we can get this implemented without
> breaking binary compatibility. Well, almost: The field Digester.rules is
> the only remaining problem. It'd need to be removed or at least ignored
> by Digester, both possibly breaking clients who used the field directly
> to get/set the Rules instance from a subclass.

one thing i've been pondering is whether it might be possible to make
matcher an abstract class rather than an interface and then make matcher
implement rules. if digester extends digester context then a call to the
rules match method can be implemented by the matcher superclass and
adapted to call the new match method. we could then implement the getRules
method by return the matcher.

(apologies if this is totally left field - it's hard without being able to
see your code.)

- robert