commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Digester] Namespacesupport, Patch
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:46:23 GMT
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 12:43 PM, Stefan Heimann wrote:

<snip>

> I posted some questions and suggestions 2 weeks ago, but the reaction
> was not that overwhelming...

your timing was bad. not only during a release cycle for digester but also
for tomcat.

> Anyway, I would be cool, if one of the commiters could post a comment
> on my patch. It's a little bit disappointing sending a patch to a
> mailinglist without getting feedback from a commiter.

i'm a committer :)

i've not looked at your patch because from our previous discussions, i don'
t feel that i'd be comfortable committing it. i personally don't have the
time and energy to maintain two branches which are largely incompatible.
(other people might feel differently.)

but i do think that your patch and the design discussions about it have
been useful. i think that we'll be able to design something that is
(largely) compatible with improved namespace support but it'll probably be
based on the exist code rather than starting with your patch.

- robert