commons-dev mailing list archives

From scolebou...@btopenworld.com
Subject [collections][lang] Predicate etc impls, was Re: commons-collections: New code contribution.
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:47:06 GMT
[please note the square brackets in the title ;-)]

This has been a hot topic before in commons. The current position is that there is a large
body of code such as what you suggest already coded. It resides in [lang]s functor package
(not released yet). However, the classes use a different Predicate interface from [collections],
which needs to be resolved.

The plan is to make [collections] depend on [lang] and deprecate the Predicate etc. interfaces
in [collections].

Can you take a look at the [lang] code, and see if you have any Predicate/Transformer/Executor
implementations which are not in the functor package. If so, I'd like to add to the [lang]
version.

Stephen